The Tree Commission's powers, duties and responsibilities are:
- To act in an advisory capacity to the Planning Commission, City Council and Planning Department Staff Advisor in the administration of the land-use planning process, with respect to tree science and requirements, landscape design and principles, locally suitable botanic species and protection of natural resources.
- To develop and recommend ordinances and policies for the planting, care and protection of trees throughout the City.
- To act in an advisory capacity to all City departments regarding tree protection, maintenance, removal on all City properties.
- To educate the citizenry and to promote public knowledge and understanding of the benefits of appropriate tree planting and care.
- Plus additional duties that can be found within Ashland Municipal Code Chapter 2.25.
- Minutes & Agendas
- Recommended Street Tree Guide
- Tree of the Year Story Map
- Past Tree of the Year Winners
|Established||Meetings||Length of Term|
|1983, Ordinance 2260||Thursday prior to the regular Planning Commission meeting; at 6:00 PM, 51 Winburn Way (Planning Commission meets on the 2nd Tuesday of the month)||3 years|
|Name||Title||Term Begin||Term End|
|VACANCY - 1||Commissioner||4/30/2018|
|Peter Baughman||Park Liaison|