ad hoc City Hall Advisory CommitteeClick here for background information, meeting schedule and links to agendas and minutes.
Scope of Work
The City Hall Advisory Committee will work with City staff, consultants, architects, and stakeholders to create findings and develop recommendations to present to Council on several projects and concepts relating to City Hall. Central to this charge will be identifying options that address work space needs for City employees through 2031 and providing a reasonable degree of seismic safety for employees. In addition, funding options must include $1 million to complete Phase II construction of the Police Department and Emergency Operations Center facility. Specific issues within the committee’s purview included but are not limited to:
- Evaluate the options for improving/replacing City Hall including those cited by the ORW architecture firm report and additional sites provided by staff.
- Evaluate whether any of the options for City Hall could also address a portion of the vehicle parking needs for the downtown area.
- Prioritize recommended improvements.
- Determine whether the City should seek voter approval of a General Election Bond (or a series of bonds) to fund recommended improvements;
- Recommend the amount that should be on the levy;
- If it is determined a General Obligation Bond should be placed on the ballot, which election date is recommended coordinating with other public agency bond plans;
- If a General Election Bond is not recommended identify optional funding sources.
- Provide to the Council the committee’s rationale on making a final decision/recommendation.
The committee will be asked to make a recommendation to the City Council no later than September 1, 2017. The recommendation shall include preferred option(s), cost estimate, bonding strategy, and the approximate cost per home at the prevailing rates.
|April 4, 2017|