The City of Ashland has a variety of parking types in the downtown area. There are five free parking lots distributed throughout the downtown area:
- Water St/B St,
- Winburn Wy/Nutley St,
- Second St near Hargadine St,
- Lithia Wy/Pioneer St and
- Lithia Wy/Second St).
The City of Ashland also manages a paid parking structure on Hargadine St adjacent to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival campus. The fee is $2 for all day parking (6 am to 6 pm). Between 6 pm and midnight, The fee is $2 an hour with a maximum fee of $10 . The City also offers a monthly daytime parking pass for $30 a month valid Monday through Saturday 6am to 6pm. CLICK HERE for a brochure detailing the parking pass program. If you would like to apply for a pass, please fill out the attached PARKING COUPON at the bottom of this page and return it to Diamond Parking 116 Lithia Way # A, Ashland OR.
The purpose of timed parking in the downtown area is to keep vehicles rotating so that space is available for people to shop and do business downtown. When employees, business owners and visitors use parking spaces in the downtown area for longer than the designated allotted time, it limits the number of spaces available for both our local residents and visiting guests.
- Parking in the Plaza, on East Main Street, the Second Street parking lot and most side streets in the downtown area is limited to two hours.
- Parking in the remaining surface parking lots is limited to four hours between March and October and is unlimited from November through February.
- Vehicles re-parking within the same day must park at least one block away to avoid an overtime parking ticket
- Multiple parking tickets per calendar year will result in additional fines
CLICK HERE for a printable downtown parking map
Electric Vehicle Parking
The City of Ashland participated in "The EV Project", a federal grant project of the Department of Energy which resulted in the installation of four electric vehicle charging units in downtown Ashland. Two are located in the Lithia/Pioneer parking lot and two are located in the Hargadine Parking Structure.
The EV chargers are part of the Blink Network, operated by ECOtality North America and there is a fee for the charge; however, the parking spaces are reserved for electric vehicles only (while charging). Find out more at http://www.blinknetwork.com
For a printable brochure version of the City's parking information and downtown parking map, please click on the link below.