* You have received no like violations in the last two years.
* You have not participated in another program anywhere in the last two years
to keep a conviction off your driving record.
* You have a valid non-commercial driver license or permit.
* Non accident related offense.
* Please note: Other restrictions may apply. Contact the court for more information.
Click on the appropriate green button below for more information about specific diversion programs and to submit an application.
Scroll down the page for information on how to read your citation & how to determine what class of violation you were cited for.
|Class of Violation||Cost||Example of Offenses|
Class A Violation
|$435||*Driving While Suspended - violation
|Class B Violation||$260||*Failure to Obey Traffic Control Device
* Careless Driving
|Class C Violation||$160||* Violation of Speed Limit
*Unlawful Cell Phone Use
|Class D Violation||$110||* Violation of Speed Limit
* Failure/Improper Use of Seatbelt
|Special Zone Fine Amount (or Accident)|
|Class A Violation||$870||*Driving While Suspended - violation
|Class B Violation||$520||*Failure to Obey Traffic Control Device
|Class C Violation||$320||Violation of Speed Limit|
|Class D Violation||$220||Violation of Speed Limit|
HOW TO READ YOUR TICKET
MIP & PCS Diversion
The Judge offers diversion programs for both MIP and PCS violation offenses. However, a mandatory appearance is required. Your court date and time is listed on your citation.
- Pay $200 Diversion Fee.
- Mandatory Online Alcohol Class.
- SOU students have an option to Complete 10 hours of community service and your fee will be reduced by $100.00.
- Once all conditions are met, if you do not receive another MIP within 6 months, the citation will be dismissed.
Online MIP Class Instructions for MIP citations ONLY
- File Notarized Diversion Form.
- Do not receive any further PCS convictions for 12 months.
- Pay $335.00 Diversion Fee.
- Complete a mandatory drug evaluation and recommended treatment, if needed.
- SOU students have an option to complete up to 21 hours of community service. Your fine will be reduced by $10.00 for every 1 hour of completed hours of community service.
- Once all conditions are met, the citation will be dismissed.