Some notable accomplishments include:
- Over 500 acres of wildfire hazard reduced in and around the City watershed and near homes and infrastructure.
- Forest health and restoration needs addressed on over 150 acres through commercial thinning, including the 2004 helicopter tree thinning project.
- Established a controlled underburning program to continually reintroduce the natural role of fire in our fire dependent ecosystem.
- The Forest Lands Commission has sponsored public tours and education for hundreds of residents to connect with their municipal forests.
- Convened the 2004 Ashland Community Wildfire Protection Plan, leading to the Ashland Forest Resiliency Project, a 7,600 acre effort that addresses wildfire risk in the Ashland Watershed and adjacent lands.
2016 Ashland Forest Plan Map Package