The Finance Administration Division manages department-wide and city-wide financial activities. All of the Administrative Services/Finance Directorís time is accounted for here, along with 100% of the Department Administrative Assistant, Financial Analyst, and Purchasing Coordinatorís time. Administrative costs related to financial management and reporting, budget preparation, utility billing, enterprise rate modeling and cost allocation systems, parking enforcement, purchasing, tax collections, debt management, and risk management reside here. The Claims Managerís time is in this division, but shown separately in the Insurance Services Fund.
- Evaluate and provide capital project financing where necessary.
- Manage rate models and related databases or data-gathering systems internally or externally where necessary or beneficial to the City.
- Manage parking enforcement services in the downtown business core including a review of the Hargadine parking structure operations and revenue.
- Work with other departments and divisions to create and implement meaningful performance measures that can be presented in financial and budgetary reports.
- Review and update or develop and implement Risk Management programs and coverage to ensure appropriateness and adequacy.
- Develop or update finance administrative policies and procedures.
The Division assists other Administrative Services divisions and departments in accounting, financial planning, project accounting, procurement, debt administration, grant management, fixed asset and safety/risk management services in addition to those listed above. Stewardship of city funds is the primary focus.
This Division is responsible for administering the Economic and Cultural Development Grants.
The Administration Services/Finance Director also functions as the Purchasing Agent and Risk Manager.