The City of Ashland Human Resources division coordinates services and programs which assist all city departments in recruiting and maintaining a qualified and diverse workforce, and provides employment-related services to the City's 200+ employees.
Functions performed by the Human Resources division include:
- Employee recruitment, assessment, selection and orientation.
- Classification and compensation, including development and maintenance of job descriptions and salary schedules.
- Employee relations, including labor negotiations with five organized bargaining units and a non-represented management/confidential group.
- Maintenance of employee personnel records, confidential background and psychological evaluations.
- Processing and maintenance of Worker’s Compensation, Occupational Health and Safety and Drug Free Transportation Alliance records.
Employment with the City of Ashland
The best way to keep informed of current job openings is through our website (www.ashland.or.us). Follow the link to employment opportunities. This page will show currently open positions. If you are interested in being notified of future job opportunities, go to the menu on the left and click on job interest cards. An electronic notification will be sent to you when a position becomes available that matches the type or types of jobs you have indicated that you are interested in. By doing this, you do not need to continually remember to go to our website; you will automatically be notified.
The City of Ashland is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin or mental or physical disability unless based on a bonafide occupational qualification.